Wednesday, March 7, 2012

In One Year

Last year, on a whim, I decided to audition for "Hairspray." A lark. It was community theater, so I knew I'd be in the show.
But thanks be to Adam Cannon, who gave someone totally unknown to him a chance, I got a part.
Since then, I have been in shows almost constantly.
Today, a well-known playwright, Mahonri Stewart, recommended me to the director who's doing his current show to give me a part.
I am pretty darn flabbergasted.
For so many years, I have felt too old, too fat, too worn out to do theater. It turns out, I was just waiting for the right time.
Tonight's rehearsal went great. The cast members seem neat. I've already found at least one Democrat in the group. I'm going to be kissing a man who isn't my husband. Something I haven't done since I said "I do" to Craig over 17 years ago.
I will be doing theater nonstop pretty much until the end of July. And then? Who knows?
Feeling blessed.
And props to my dude of over 17 years who never even questioned if he'd be cool with this latest venture. He told me that of course I should do the show.
Gosh.
Keep Playing! You know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment